Thursday, May 11, 2006

Template Woes, So I've Moved

I now know better than to try and change my template. Hey bloggers ... don't even TRY to change your template! Stick with what you got originally or be prepared to open a new blog. (If I get better info on how to do a change of template without blowing out the layout I'll let you know!)Meantime, I'm setting up shop here, so if you want the old posts try The Picket Fence. It's probably better that I start a new blog anyway, I want to expand beyond the original title to deal with all sorts of other issues that affect education in the colleges. For example, the technology issues that face us at our college.

In the last week I have been talking to (or listening to voicemails from!) people who are incredibly frustrated and angry at the way changes in the technology are impacting on the way we are able to do our jobs. Today I had an e-mail from a faculty member who has just heard informally of three changes that will make a significant impact on his/her ability to deliver a course ... but nobody formally told this professor about it. I got the e-mail but I cannot answer his/her questions as the email I got from this person was the first time I had heard of the issues. Talk about mushrooms (kept in the dark and fed *********!) And this is typical.

No comments: